Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fire It Up!!!

Three months into the year and I have finally fired some new work! Remember that I only have a small kiln, so filling it, shouldn't be that difficult!



I've learned that I'm not the only potter having trouble with motivation. Somehow that's comforting! Wondering if it should be? I will admit to working best under pressure and at the moment I don't have anything too pressing other than my jury session which does take place in less than a month. (Just typing that has made me panic slightly!) I think all this procrastinating is partly due to this endless winter! I feel quite housebound and in fact, AM housebound! It seems that whenever I am scheduled to go somewhere the weather turns ugly and I'm having to cancel appointments! It's getting frustrating! One day of lovely, warmish (that would be just above freezing) weather and I'm tearing apart my closets and dejunking in anticipation of spring! I need more of those days!

We're in the midst of yet another winter storm. I waited all weekend for this one. A needle felting class that I was looking forward to was cancelled because of this impending storm and wouldn't you know that Saturday was absolutely gorgeous...melting and warm and had me worried that yet again the weatherman might be wrong. But no such luck... A little later than originally predicted the snow started falling and with it the wind. I can hear it howling as I'm sitting here, but it's dark out and I can't really see if it's still snowing or how bad the visibility is. Last night it seems the highways were a mess and travel wasn't recommended. I would guess this morning will be much the same. I'm glad I don't have to be anywhere today and the idea of hunkering down in my basement studio and playing with clay feels like a good idea!

Stay tuned..I just might have more work to show you very soon!

PS: I apologize for the photos...far too much glare! I need to set up something permanently so I'm not putting something together in a hurry!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new work! And happy to see others with a Feather or two in mind :) hope the storm was not too dreadful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)